thelipstickdiaires

thelipstickdiaires

Monday, July 15, 2013

I am car-booting!

Capital Car Boot Sale - thelipstickdiaries

View from my stand at the car boot sale - thelipstickdiaries

My Car Boot - thelipstickdiaries


I started car-booting!

Theo started working each weekend about 8 months ago and therefore I had to entertain myself each weekend. Most of my friends do have a boyfriend to spend their Sundays with. So basically I searched for a fun way to get out and do something useful.

I used to go to car boot sales as a visitor looking to buy some unique finds but then it dawned on me that I would have a LOT of things to sell myself and this is how it started...

There are loads of car boot sales going on in London. There is one in Battersea and Chiswick which both are really popular but I like to sell at the Capital Car Boot Sale in Pimlico. Its easy to get to and it does not start so early. It is also a bit more quit which I like. The rent varies from £6-£30 and depends on the equipment you need and if you want your stall to be inside or outside. You can rent rails and tables or just walk in and put everything on the floor. 

Each Sunday I go, I usually make between £60-£80 pounds which is quite a significant pocket money to spend on new things. I sell old shoes I don't wear anymore, old clothes, bags, electronics (if I have something), makeup (i.e: glossybox bits I will never use), jewellery... basically everything I don't need anymore. Bags and makeup sell the best.

I have been really enjoying car-booting and already met some really nice people. It is a fun Sunday activity that makes quite a bit of extra money!

Will you be car-booting any time soon?

So long...

xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment